blog background

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Guns 'n Such

Today, Karen and I (Adam) did something that we've never done as a married couple: go shooting. I talked with one of my friends earlier this week and we decided to plan to go shooting. I ran this by Karen and she responded that she would go but would not shoot anything. As the week went on I dropped hints and tested the water with phrases like, "Man, I'm so stoked to go shooting on Saturday. Are you?" and "So, which gun do you think you'll want to shoot first?" As the week went on Karen entertained the idea more and more of shooting with us.

So we get to the outskirts of the city with our friends and Karen is the first one to shoot anything. She handled the .22 rifle naturally, loaded the weapon and fired at our target (water-filled milk carton). Right as she was about to pull the trigger, she turns and asks...actually, you can just watch and see.

1 comment:

kate said...

i did not think i liked guns at all...and then my dad gave all us kids red rider bb guns for christmas. didn't shoot my eye out...instead won a shooting contest. thought "i kind of like guns" after that.