blog background

Friday, May 6, 2011

Salad and Smiles

Strawberries were on sale, but only for 8 hours! I rushed in and got 3 pounds, with no recipe in mind. We ate some plain and they were so sweet and delicious! Wesley even tried some with his dinner :) What DO you make with strawberries?? Strawberry pizza, cake topping, syrup...I found the most amazing recipe on Allrecipes.com! Grilled Chicken Salad with Seasonal Fruit! Heavenly!!! I toasted almonds and they came out perfect! I cooked the chicken so it was moist! (Usually it's dry) The strawberries were perfectly fresh and delicious, and even the dressing was yummy! We don't have any leftover because it was just that good! Definitely will be making this a lot this summer....maybe we'll try some other fresh fruit, too!

On to the "smiles" part. Wesley smiles. A lot.

At Target, I'll see his head cocked to the side to see around me (with a huge smile on his face) and I turn around to find a couple or woman behind me standing there smiling and making faces at Wesley. Just stopped what they were doing to play with my baby from a distance. This happens weekly.

On our walk tonight a lady asked me how old he was. As I'm telling her he's 7 mos, Wesley is sitting in his stroller giving her those sweet eyes and a little smile. She notices and says, "What a happy baby you have!" As she says it...he smiles bigger...open mouth smile this time so she can see his little bottom teeth. "Oh wow! He's so cute!" The two of them just went back and forth - making each other happier and happier.

Had a meeting on Wednesday and we had to wait for about 15 minutes. He smiled at a little girl, and old man, middle aged people...it's like they are all best friends now. He kicks his legs and get's so excited to see people!

OH and Wesley's first word shall go down in history as ... "hi." Not even close to mama or dada. A pleasant "hi" goes along with all of the stories above. He says it to everyone and everything...even trees sometimes. Usually when I open the door he says, "hi hi hi" to show me he's excited to go outside too.

A happy kid makes for a happy mom. If you ever have a tough day, take your baby to the store, any store...even if you don't need to buy anything...and let people admire your baby! It's the greatest advice I'll ever give! I've had my down days and my lonely days and this always works. You are welcome to come shopping with us anytime!

And now for some pictures... what you've been waiting for!


Happy Birthday, Daddy!
Cousin bath-time! Has nothing to do with this post, but you gotta love 'em!


4 comments:

Sian said...

He is SO cute I can't even believe it! I love that his first word was "hi"! I love those smiles and I love going to the store with Will too because everyone loves him and gives me complements for doing nothing!

Relitz Rants said...

How cute! I cant believe he's starting to talK! I love the cousin bath pictures. It's cool to see how big the boys all look. Becket looks like Kate and Wesley is a Mini Adam.

kate said...

Excited to try your recipe...I really need some summertime recipes (I find it impossible to cook when it's hot).

And totally agree that your day is made when other people think your kids are cute. They benefit from attention too, of course.

"Hi" was H's first word too :).

WoozleMom said...

Freezer jam! I don't remember the recipe off the top of my head, but I'll get it from my mother-in-law if you want.