blog background

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

He's studying...

Adam is in the most difficult portion of medical school thus far. I know there will be tougher times ahead, but just for now, this is hard. He leaves around 7:15am and used to come home around 9:30pm, but has been getting home at 8pm this week so he can see Wesley just before bed. It's been great for our family, but it means that we eat, put Wesley to bed, and then he goes back to studying until bedtime (around midnight). It's working fabulously, actually! I am SO happy to have him home sooner...even in the other room. Wesley loves seeing his dada. They are so silly together! He lets Wesley climb all over him and they are just so cute together. Wives, you know, there's just something so adorable about the person you fell in love with playing with the person you spend your days with :)

So, tonight we left the dishes so we could put Wesley to bed. Adam went to study. I sat down to check the computer. An hour later, Adam came out to get a drink and I was super embarrassed inside that the dishes weren't done. (he never mentioned them, sweet guy) Especially since he was talking about how much work he had to get done and how little time he had to do it. (He has a huge board exam at the end of April and pretty much has to know everything about biochemistry, pharmacology, embryology, anatomy, physiology, and even more. And when I say "everything," that's what I mean. From what each muscle, vein, artery, organ, and system does to how they do it and any little thing that could go wrong with each part or system.)

Yep. Here I am, sitting on the couch with the laptop checking out pinterest, facebook, paying bills, checking email...Relaxing after a long day with a busy toddler. But still, I have absolutely nothing on my med-school-hubby! I feel like his job is so much more stressful! Well, no matter what, I was going to show something for my hard work sitting on the couch for an hour. Ha!
I clicked over to my recipe board on Pinterest. I knew exactly what I wanted to make and have been wanting to make it all day, actually. I've made it once before and it seemed absolutely perfect!! No one goes wrong with this recipe! If you haven't tried it...oh my! It's heavenly. And just and moist as it looks. It makes me feel like I'm an awesome wife and mother. It makes me feel like I have awesome baking skills. Really, it's all thanks to those 3 sticks of butter.
Cinnamon Roll Cake!

So there, I just studied too. Thanks butter :)

No comments: