blog background

Sunday, May 9, 2010

You go girl!

For those who don't know yet, I decided to get Karen a few gifts for Mother's Day. Being the man that I am, I wanted to give her something special, near and dear to my heart; something that every time she saw it she would know of my everlasting love and commitment to being her husband. So I got her a funnel. Yep. You read it right. A funnel for Mother's Day. But this is no ordinary funnel. It is a Go-Girl. A few months ago, we were watching the news and saw this device. It is designed to allow women to be able to urinate standing up. We both thought it was kind of funny, but Karen thought it would be really cool to have if we went camping. So, after racking my brain of what to get Karen for Mother's Day I remembered our conversation about the Go-Girl and ordered one.

When she opened her package she was stunned. Naturally she wanted to try it out. So a few hours later I heard Karen laughing in the bathroom. When she came out she had a proud look on her face and said, "So that's what it feels like to pee standing up!" Last weekend she took her Go-Girl with us to the mountains when we went camping. She tells me she still needs some more practice before going into the woods, but it worked great in the pit toilet.

Now, my wife and I share a special common bond that many other couples may never experience: we don't take life sitting down!

-Adam

4 comments:

kate said...

this post deserves a comment...

but i'm not feeling clever enough to write one it deserves, so i'll stick with "congrats, karen!"

Relitz Rants said...

wow what a gift adam. I think i like sitting down. :)

balloongal said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Life on Earth said...

ohhhhh. my freaking gosh. hahahah