blog background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Forever Pregnant

"This morning I woke up, looked in the mirror, and thought to myself, "I'm going to be pregnant forever."

It's been over 10 months that my body has been growing a baby. At least 8 or 9 months of this pregnancy I felt like it was exciting to watch my belly grow and read about the development of this baby. I've read up on all sorts of things and asked all sorts of questions. Recently, it's been so fun to feel him move around and watch him play with Adam. There was a period of a about a month where I woke up every morning wondering if it would be his birthday.

Now, I've gotten used to the fact that my belly is huge compared to what it used to be (though strangers still tell me it looks little), my face is rounding out, I have stretch marks, and I have to wear flip flops to church due to water retention in my feet and ankles. Lately, I feel like this is who I am... Like I'm always going to have all of these features. Sometimes I think, "there's REALLY a baby inside of me who is going to come out and this is only temporary?? Nah."

Every weekend when I go grocery shopping and clean the house I think it's going to be the last time I do it before this baby comes. Every time we go to Disneyland we think it's going to be the last time before the baby (We've been 6 times since August 23rd). Every time we go to the dollar theater or hang out with friends or go to church or send Adam off to school...we think it'll be the last time before the baby comes. Adam's been coming home right after he gets out of class at noon and studying at home instead of staying on campus just in case.

Today was the first day I sent Adam out the door and didn't worry about what would happen if I needed to get a hold of him before he gets out of class at 5 tonight. Pretty sure the baby's going to be inside for a few more months =) I had a pretty busy and fun day yesterday full of laundry, a long walk, scrapbooking, making granola bars, and a couple hours at CA Adventure. It was followed by a soothing banana bubble bath and some icy hot rubbed on my back before bed since I get sore just by walking around these days. I felt more contractions throughout the day and they are getting stronger, but there were only a few per hour depending on what I was doing.

My last post was on Saturday, the 18th, and it was all about our trip to Disneyland on the 17th. We went again on Monday with our friends Sean, Rachel, and their 6 month old Jakob. Here we are in the Haunted Mansion:
Jake wears headphones when things are too loud at the Park:
Adam, Sean and Rachel went on Splash Mountain so Jakob and I hung out. He's such a mellow baby!
Guess who sat in the front...
Tuesday, the due date, we went to the dollar theater to see the Sorcerer's Apprentice! Adam has really been spoiling me lately with all the time we've been spending together! Last night, we got together again with Sean and Rachel to go to California Adventure! We got there around 6 and the park closed at 8, so here's what we were able to do in that short time. After our ride on the ferris wheel, we caught pictures this time of us being weighed in tortillas while we ate our free samples.

There is a 3D show called It's Tough to be a Bug and these are the cool glasses we got to wear!


They finished off the night with Tower of Terror and Jake hung out with me outside since there was only a 13 minute wait time for that ride. Lines sure are short on weekdays!

Adam's classmates are so nice and they ask him about me and the baby every day! I'm sure he feels like I'm going to be pregnant forever too since they've been asking him the same questions since he started school almost 2 months ago. I'm a little worn out from yesterday and people keep telling me to sleep while I can because I'll need the energy when I'm in labor. You got it....I've started the bread machine, blogged, and now I'm off to take a nap! =) Maybe a walk and some shopping will follow!

7 comments:

Austin and Kristen Bennion said...

I know what it feels like to be pregnant forever. Two weeks before Logan was due the doctor told me I was dilated and the baby would be coming any day...ya, that didn't happen. He was 4 days late. You can imagine the anticipation I had after the doctor telling me that then waiting all that time for him to be 4 days late. Your little one must be extra cozy! It truly is up to them when they want to come out! I hope he decides to come out soon...I know how miserable it is those last days! Good luck and Happy Pushing (when the time comes)!

Alyssa and Jared said...

I know how you feel! Especially whith the thought of the baby potentially coming early. Hang in there! And I promise, he will come eventually! Promise. haha => You look so cute preggo btw! Good luck with everything!! => Such exciting adventures are ahead! =>

Brianna said...

Yeah I remember that feeling too. I think I asked steve at one point, is this baby ever going to come? :) But never fear, he'll get here soon enough! I am amazed and in awe at how much you are doing, being so active! You rock! It would be kind of funny, if the first day you've let yourself not worry, is the day he decides to come. Hope all goes well with you these last few days, and that labor goes smoothly!

WoozleMom said...

Sounds like you're getting there...good luck!

Steffy said...

I hate the anticipation of those last couple of weeks. You are doing so awesome and you look really fabulous. I hope he comes soon!

kate said...

Like everyone else's comments...I totally thought I'd have Hamilton inside me forever. "I'm going to be the first permanent pregnant woman in the world! ARGH!" Then the labor starts, and I'm like, "No! No! Stay in there!" And then, of course, Beckett came a week before his c-section date. You just cannot win with these babies! I guess it's the first lesson of parenting....there's a lot you can't control.

Maybe tell your little guy that I've got a "welcome to the world" present for him...but he's got to come OUT to get it. Another valuable lesson in parenting: bribery works.

Jonathan, Ashley, and Family said...

I can relate. When I was pregnant with Faith a month before her due date I was dilated and the doctor started seeing me two days a week because he thought "the baby would come any day!". I ended up having to be induced two weeks after her due date. I does start to feel like forever but I promise it won't last forever. Sooner than you think you'll have that little bundle of joy in your arms!