blog background

Monday, September 13, 2010

8 Days to Go

The grocery shopping is done, house is clean, bag is packed, laundry is going right now, clean sheets are on our bed, and we have a trip to Disneyland planned for this afternoon.

The day has come.

Adam has been telling our little guy for weeks that he can't come until after Adam's biochemistry exam on 9.13.10. By the way, if you're wondering how med school is going for him, follow the link to his blog on the top of this blog. His last post was August 31st and it's a great post!

I've been having appointments every week lately and here's the rundown: At my appointment on August 27th, I was not dilated and about 40%. September 3rd, I was at a 1 and about 60%. This past Friday, September 10th, I was 1.5 and still 60%. I think I could have progressed more last week, but I purposely tried to lay low as to not give this baby any chances of coming before Adam's exam. He's been studying for it for 3 weeks straight and it covers a lot of material!

Adam is at school right now taking his exam so we made it!! Our little Wesley, Logan, Mason, or McKay has permission to arrive.

My sister-in-law had her baby girl yesterday: Payton Sawyer Simes! She is such a doll from the pictures I've seen and I can't wait to meet her...probably next month! Looking at those pictures, I can't believe that our baby is about that same size (Payton was born 2 weeks early and was 7lb 11oz). Our doctor is guessing that ours will be somewhere around 8lbs when he's born too. I still can't comprehend that there's a baby inside...my belly looks so round that it's hard to imagine the shape of a baby with little fingers and toes. I recognize him when he moves around, but it's a feeling I can't quite express. I am amazed at the creation of these little babies and can't believe we are going to have one of our very own!

I think Adam said it best yesterday: "It's like getting married all over again, except you don't know the wedding date. Once we are with this person, we are going to be with them for eternity."

3 comments:

kate said...

I have two friends due the same time as you guys...can't wait to see which little boys makes his appearance first!

Everyone says this, but seriously, seriously, enjoy your last days together.

Stephen John McCuen said...

I LOVE what Adam said about it being like your wedding day all over again. It's SO true!

You are almost there. I am so jealous! But I'm so excited for you. Make sure to post lots of pictures when he comes.

balloongal said...

It is a beautiful thing to know that that little boy is yours forever. And what a blessing he will be in your life. I'm glad that you and Adam are getting to spend so much quality time together now. Things will definitely change, but you won't regret it.