blog background

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Latest Adventures


Here are some photos to capture the memories we've been making these last days before the baby. We are having so much fun together! I made all of them small on accident, but if you click on them you can view them larger. We were goofing around after church on September 5th and this is one of the best shots we got! I was almost 38 weeks.



Disneyland the very next day on Monday, September 6th. We were so happy it didn't turn out to be our "Labor Day!"


This Monday, September 13th (the day of my last blog post), Adam took his big exam. Once he got home we had lunch and he pulled out his guitar! He hasn't played since we've been here in Irvine and it was so wonderful to hear him play again! He played some fun songs that we could both sing along to, as well as some songs that he plays/sings just for me that always make me cry! His voice makes me melt when he sings those and it brings back memories of when he proposed!
Around 4:30 we headed out and got into Disneyland around 5. It was only open until 8 on Monday, but we did eight things in three hours! We started out in Fantasyland and hit Pinocchio, Peter Pan, and Snow White. The Snow White ride is all about her wild adventures and takes you through the scary woods and the evil queen tries to give you apples...kinda scary...and then the doors open to a wall that is painted like the last page of a fairy tale that says, "And they lived happily ever after." I was laughing pretty hard because it was such a surprise! There's no closure to the story! Just scary part, scary part, and they lived happily ever after!

After that, we went on the Tom Sawyer river cruise. It was nice and relaxing and the weather was perfect!Then it was off to Pirates which had NO wait time...we walked right on the ride! I was amazed! Adam kept talking about the Captain EO show and how it had replaced the Honey I Shrunk the Kids show. I had not seen either show, so I didn't know what to expect...let me just tell you that I was laughing so hard once again! That same laugh from the Snow White ride...the one where you laugh because what you are watching doesn't really make sense and it catches you off guard that you just have to laugh! Michael Jackson did have some pretty amazing moves in this 1986 production, though! It was 3-D (the reason for the glasses in the next picture).
Alright, so after the amazing Captain EO show, we hopped on the Buzz Lightyear ride(no line) where Adam crushed my score by over 100,000 points!
We had time for just one more ride and so we decided to ride the rocketships! It's the same concept as the Dumbo ride, but in tomorrowland. The man counted us off, just assuming that we would ride together, so we thought nothing of it...I mean, if this man thought we could fit in one rocket together, then we probably would. WRONG!!! =) Another moment of intense laughter!! Here we are in the rocket! Okay, so we made it in, but it was an incredibly tight fit (Adam's legs were stuck and I was just wedged in there). We finally figure it out and were barely situated, but laughing like crazy, and the man comes over to ask us about our seatbelt! Oops...hadn't gotten that far. I was nervous it wasn't going to fit and they were going to make us get out, but luckily it fit! That would have been so embarrassing! We laughed during the entire ride like we were dating again!! Moral of the story: 2 adults + 1 beach ball do not fit very comfortably in a child-size rocketship.
On the way into the park (at 5) I smelled the waffle cones from the ice cream shop and told Adam we should have waffles for dinner. At 8:30, when we got on the shuttle to go back to our car, Adam asked what we I wanted for dinner. I reminded him about the waffles, and he laughed and said it sounded like a good idea. I think he thought I may have been kidding earlier, but they still sounded like a yummy dinner idea! I mixed up the batter and remembered that my mom had sent us a Cinderella waffle iron a couple years back that we've only used a few times. This was the perfect night to get it out (it has the belgian waffle grid on the other side)! Adam picked out a movie from redbox and a package of sausage and what a fun rest of the evening we had!
Last night we watched an Indian movie (3 Idiots) and had Indian food with a group of Adam's classmates! It was a really good movie, despite the title, and the food was delicious! As I was washing my face and getting ready for bed, Adam came in with the camera to get some shots of me at 39 weeks. Surprise! Had I known he was going to do this, I would not have been getting ready for bed, so please excuse the lack of make-up!

I can't believe tomorrow we'll celebrate 45 months of marriage and he still finds new ways to make me laugh and melt my heart!

5 comments:

WoozleMom said...

Oh my gosh you look fabulous! Don't even talk to me about no makeup. That is a way cute shirt, where did you get it? (for future reference ;))

Steffy said...

You are tiny! I'm glad you guys are having such a good time here at the end. So I just realized that you live in Irvine, my brother and his family live in Irvine too! I don't know a lot about CA geography but wouldn't it be cool if you were neighbors?

AsK said...

Kathryn, Thanks! I got it at Kohls in Orem in June. They had a pretty small maternity section, so I tried on pretty much everything they had and then picked 3 of my favorites to use a giftcard that my Dad got me. Stef, thanks for the "tiny" comment! I feel like this ball gets in the way sometimes and my maternity shirts don't even cover it completely anymore, but it is pretty fun to feel him in there! We're pretty far north in Irvine, but it's not that huge, so if you ever visit your brother you MUST stop in! We'll be here for 4 years so let me know!

Zach and Linds said...

You r so darling!! Can't wait to see that little one. I love the pictures from disneyland! I love that place and miss it so much!!

balloongal said...

You really are still so cute pregnant. I love hearing/reading these stories. You really made me laugh with your experience in the rocket.