blog background

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Emotions


Pregnancy is full of emotions I am coming to find out. Yesterday we knew that Adam would be going in to work a shift at the hospital from 6pm-6am so I got up and worked on his tailored shirt, which is almost done, and I let him sleep in. He had planned a bike ride/picnic in the park/geocaching adventure for the afternoon! It was a gorgeous day and we had the best time together! I was so in love and happy. He kissed me as he headed off to work. I was pretty idle the whole time he was gone and I protested going to sleep until 1am after much tears and sadness.

I have cried more than I ever have and we're barely coming up on 15 weeks. I have cried watching commercials, cried when Adam's not home at night, and definitely cried while praying. Life has been full of emotion this semester because we found out we were pregnant during the first week of school. I think it could have been emotional without the crazy hormones and feeling nauseous and fatigued: It's my last semester before graduation and the big move, Adam got a second job working at the hospital and is now gone through the night a couple nights each week (hence the crying when I have to go to bed alone), and I've had to make and sell $1000 worth of caramel apples (started out fun but quickly became stressful when I had to take the lead on this group project).

I am still generally a happy person and it doesn't take much to please me. Example: Today was pretty rough because my eyes still hurt from crying last night so it was a constant reminder that I was sad. This afternoon I started crying pretty hard for about 15 minutes. Adam tried to talk to me once but I didn't feel like he understood. He came back with an Oreo and we talked for about 5 minutes and now the world is a wonderful place! We are both having a great night tonight even though he went in for another shift tonight at 6pm. Sounds so strange huh? I don't get it.
Sometimes Adam laughs at me for saying one thing but really wanting something else. I have never been one of those women who gets moody for a few days every month, so I think that's why this pregnancy thing is throwing me off. I love that Adam has been able to laugh and keep me in a lighthearted mood so we can both laugh together! It's all about the simple things in life. Even if it's just an Oreo.

3 comments:

Relitz Rants said...

Aww!! I hope my brother is being good to you and always trying to make you smile, as a good husband should. Emotions are a pain. I dont know anything about being pregnant, but it sounds rough.
hang in there :)

kate said...

Argh...pregnancy. I (on multiple occasions) found myself tearing up while on the treadmill or elliptical at the gym because of some news story, commercial, movie preview, etc. I usually tried to hide it with a cough and drink of water.

During Hamilton's pregnancy, I got upset with Alex about something silly and was sobbing...and while sobbing, asking, "what's wrong with me? are these hormones?"

so, you're not crazy...or we both are :).

sidenote: not to sound like a cliche, but husbands can never understand what it's like to be pregnant...the emotions, the discomfort, the feeling that your body is not your own. but giving you an oreo when you need it is the next best thing :).

Linda said...

I too rode the emotional rollercoaster. Crying at comercials, and cartoons. Whats worse, is with my last ones, the boys were older, and just thought "mom is just crazy!!" Well, Im not crazy and neither are you... hormones... one of the things that God decieded he left out of Adam... so he added extra in when he made Eve.... they must be important.. even if husbands dont understand. I agree... Oreos, icream, pickles.... and hugs... are worth their weight in gold.... hang in there little momma...we love you and company #1 ;o)