blog background

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Baby belly!

I finally have a little baby bump! No pictures yet, but we just got a new camera last week, so I'll get Adam to take one soon. I am definitely supposed to be working on my final portfolios and projects right now, but I had to take a moment to change our blog from being all about emotions! I haven't cried since I wrote that post and this week has been wonderful! I am feeling so much better...no more nausea, not as many saltine crackers, and I would say no more mood swings but Adam will have to verify that one! =) I only have to sell 6 more apples for our business to make it to $1000 and so there's no stress for that class anymore. I gave all the apples to a girl in the group to sell the rest.

Adam went skiing all day and had a blast. There was a ton of fresh powder for him and Ragan to play in and afterward they sat in the spa at the gym.

That skinny little baby up in the corner of the blog is really the size of the palm of my hand and weighs 5 oz. It went from being a peach to a fist to an orange to a palm according to a website I've been following. It's supposed to start getting some chub this week! We have our 16 week checkup tomorrow to hear it's little hearbeat again and then in 4 more weeks we'll find out if we need bows and lace or, well, not bows and lace.

This is something I'll probably find out from the doctor, but why not ask other moms such as Kate and Nana Linda: is it about time to be feeling our baby move? I just feel little flutters throughout the day and think it's my digestive system, but sitting here right now I've been feeling it often and am wondering what you think. I can't feel it when I put my hand on my belly, just from the inside.

6 comments:

Austin and Kristen Bennion said...

16 weeks is around the time where you will start feeling flutters so it is most likely the baby you are feeling :) that is sooo exciting! i cant wait to find out what you are having!

WoozleMom said...

I started feeling Joshua around 15 weeks so you are right on schedule! It does feel like digestive bubbles at first :)
I think I was about 19 weeks before I started being able to feel movements from the outside.
Can't wait to see cute pictures!

Relitz Rants said...

well it is great to hear things are going well for you. I bet hearing the heart beat is a neat feeling. I am so excited for you!

Linda said...

Yep thats your little one letting you know that they are there... it feels like gas bubbles... but its not. You should feel the baby move more often at night just after you stop walking and running arround and try to lie down to sleep...cause thats when the baby will wake up!!Exciting , exciting.... 4 more weeks until you are 20 weeks... that is a majic number... the point that our little kiddo will be able to get all the help he or she needs if he or she decides to be born "early".... at that point, you can breathe a sigh of relief... you will have officially made it to the OB ward, if anything goes wrong.... but it wont. Im glad the hormones have calmed down a little bit... It should get better from here.....

Zach and Linds said...

Could be! How fun! I love feeling the baby! I am feeling our little one all the time right now too!

Brianna said...

I know everyone has already said it, but yeah, that sounds about right for feeling the baby moving. It's so cool to just feel them getting progressively stronger, and in just a few short weeks you and Adam will both feel it move on the outside. Can't wait to see pictures (or just see you in person on Sunday)!