blog background

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rx: Sugar?

Dear Dr. Voodoo,

I have the hiccups and they will not go away. What can I do to get rid of them?

Sincerely,
Hiccups from Utah


Dear Hiccups from Utah,
You could go to your Primary Care Physician and get a $125 prescription for medication that will increase your progesterone levels, decrease the conductivity of the mylein sheath on your neurons preventing maximum action potential activity while not using up all of your liver's glycerol storage, thus inhibiting your hiccups...or watch this video sent to me from my colleague. Enjoy.

Dr. Voo
doo

3 comments:

Spjutopia said...

It DOES work, Adam. It's not voodoo. It's good, old fashioned, home remedy magic! Hooray for the video!

Relitz Rants said...

hahahaha! Nice wokr Karen and nice work Adam for putting her words to the test. I still feel sceptical though.

raglyb said...

The crazy thing is, it DOES work, I've done it before. Something about the chemical composition of sugar and it's ability to reset the esophagus....or something else.